My attempt to make it to my 10 acres in Terlingua Ranch and make a go of living on it. From the start it hasn't gone good at all, but I'm hopeful things will turn around!
Bigfoot, I like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosin-Nagant-Rifle-ATI-Monte-Carlo-Stock-2-7x32-Tactical-Scope-Mount-Rings-/350872129648?_trksid=p2054897.l4276
It gives you a whole new respect for the fella's who carried those, an M98, or an M1 all day long, firing most all day long. Says something for kill or be killed, I'm sure.
Finally, an update!!
-
Wow, it's been awhile, but I'm not dead...mainly because not V.AXX.ED. (
isn't strange i have to disguise that word from the censor bots?)
I'm going ...
Keeping it all natural
-
The three rose bushes by the old laundry outlet are still going
strongRonnie and I planted rose bushes when we first moved to our
smallholding to live out ...
My computer was hacked
-
Last week my computer was hacked. I had several tabs open when it started
slowing down to a crawl and I thought *Spectrum* had gone down again. Then
it l...
The RV Refrigerator
-
One day out of the blue we started getting a strong ammonia smell inside
the RV. It was the smell of our RV absorption refrigerator giving up the
ghost. T...
Wishing All A Happy New Year...!
-
Here is wishing the New Year is the best ever for all of my dear friends.
The passing of the old year has been marked with so many changes for many
of us t...
VA assisted Near Death Experience
-
Its been months since my VA assisted Near Death Experience and I finally
decided to post about it. I was in Big Spring for my monthly phlebotomy
(Having bl...
-
A lot has happened since my last post almost 3 years ago. I
haven't intended to ignore this endeavor... just been to busy!
I am still researching and plann...
This land... is no longer my land
-
My land has sold! I will sorely miss it, but it has gone to someone that
can really get some use out of it.
Apologies for not updating the blog for so long...
-
Last Friday my wife Lana and I headed out to have lunch with several
couples. We were on the freeway in the fast lane when traffic ahead started
stopping,j...
Old Fool Journal: Shikt Halole n
-
...or It took me fifteen minutes to type that yesterday.
When I got up from my nap Thursdays my mouth did not work right. Head
seemed OK but what came ou...
Where you holding it tight enough to your shoulder? My son has a couple rifles over fifty caliber, and I don't think I will shoot either of them.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...that looks very painful :(
ReplyDeleteDD, unfortunately no. Had my head up my you know what when I first shot it on a stand to zero it in. I shot it 5 times after that the right way.
ReplyDeleteIt is MsB it is...
ttnguy,
ReplyDeleteWhat on earth did you do to yourself?? You didn't hold this gun properly? Ouch, you'll feel this for sometime.
Be safe, and have a Merry Christmas.
Yes Sandy, I didn't hold the butt tight enough against my shoulder and it kicked me hard.
ReplyDeleteNasty way to learn that lesson. Feel better.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, David :)
Dani, No lessons learned I knew better. We all have rain farts.
ReplyDeleteHumm... Should have been "Brain Farts".
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of rifle is that and how big is the cal?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Shooterpads-Recoil-Gel-Filled-Pads/dp/B00081Q7E4/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387714377&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=limb+saver+mosin+nagant
ReplyDeleteLimbsaver is another brand, but kinda pricey.
These things help the feel of the gun with us longer armed fellers too.
Bigfoot
Mosin Nagant 7.62 54 R Bkid.
ReplyDeleteBigfoot, I like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosin-Nagant-Rifle-ATI-Monte-Carlo-Stock-2-7x32-Tactical-Scope-Mount-Rings-/350872129648?_trksid=p2054897.l4276
Unc, wouldn't having less "rain farts" cost less than that? :) Get to feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI never fart in the rain.
ReplyDeleteNever? I have a hard time believing that. lol
ReplyDeleteI thought that was what it looked like, I've got a Mauser that dad brought back from WWII.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel, shot my nagant for the first time not long ago, quit after 10 rounds. that metal butt plate.......
ReplyDeleteRandy, its tough.
ReplyDeleteIt gives you a whole new respect for the fella's who carried those, an M98, or an M1 all day long, firing most all day long. Says something for kill or be killed, I'm sure.
ReplyDelete